RE: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:47:52 +0100
  • Cc: "Veni Markovski" <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Veni,

it's not about who is attacking who. We can both agree upon a fact that
there is big gap between the supporting list members (and some others)
and the board, and that we cannot find a common language. We're just
having a strong feeling that the board is not more advocating the
registrant interests and apparently prefers those of registries/ars'. As
we here (I guess) consider registrants the target audience I see a thick
firewall between the two groups. Furthermore, I don't see any
helpfulness or real partnership towards the members. You know, being in
a position somewhat similar to 'participate and shut up' is not very
encouraging.
At the moment, I don't see a way how to get over it, which is getting me
frustrated.

Dominik