Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 04:55:02 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, veni markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George and all,

  Excellent comparison from Shakespeare.  However I doubt many
on the ICANN Bod understand even a modicum of Shakespeare
and the object lessons he intertwined in his plays that still withstand
the test of time.

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Allow me to quote from 'Hamlet', Act 3, Scene 4:
>
> http://www-tech.mit.edu/Shakespeare/hamlet/hamlet.3.4.html
>
> "Look here, upon this picture, and on this,
> The counterfeit presentment of two brothers.
> See, what a grace was seated on this brow;
> Hyperion's curls; the front of Jove himself;
> An eye like Mars, to threaten and command;
> A station like the herald Mercury
> New-lighted on a heaven-kissing hill;
> A combination and a form indeed,
> Where every god did seem to set his seal,
> To give the world assurance of a man:
> This was your husband. Look you now, what follows:
> Here is your husband; like a mildew'd ear,
> Blasting his wholesome brother. Have you eyes?
> Could you on this fair mountain leave to feed,
> And batten on this moor? Ha! have you eyes?
> You cannot call it love; for at your age
> The hey-day in the blood is tame, it's humble,
> And waits upon the judgment: and what judgment
> Would step from this to this? Sense, sure, you have,
> Else could you not have motion; but sure, that sense
> Is apoplex'd; for madness would not err,
> Nor sense to ecstasy was ne'er so thrall'd
> But it reserved some quantity of choice,
> To serve in such a difference. What devil was't
> That thus hath cozen'd you at hoodman-blind?
> Eyes without feeling, feeling without sight,
> Ears without hands or eyes, smelling sans all,
> Or but a sickly part of one true sense
> Could not so mope.
> O shame! where is thy blush? Rebellious hell,
> If thou canst mutine in a matron's bones,
> To flaming youth let virtue be as wax,
> And melt in her own fire: proclaim no shame
> When the compulsive ardour gives the charge,
> Since frost itself as actively doth burn
> And reason panders will.

> Nay, but to live
> In the rank sweat of an enseamed bed,
> Stew'd in corruption, honeying and making love
> Over the nasty sty,--

> A murderer and a villain;
> A slave that is not twentieth part the tithe
> Of your precedent lord; a vice of kings;
> A cutpurse of the empire and the rule,
> That from a shelf the precious diadem stole,
> And put it in his pocket!

> A king of shreds and patches,--"
>
> Alas, those Board members who joined thinking they would make a
> difference, look what they've become....for shame, for shame. "Look you
> now, what follows", indeed. "Have you eyes?" "What judgment would step
> from this to this?"
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827