Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

Sotiris and all,

  I believe, unless I miss my guess that Karl was chiding you, not
condemning your level of discourse.  I for one applaud your level
of discourse, even if Veni does not.  I believe Veni now knows
his vote was wrong and was cast for the wrong reasons.  I also
want to believe he is only not willing to say so as a matter of saving
face now.  He and the rest of the Bod had a decision to make
and they made it, however wrong it was/is.

  All of this really point up to me as a process problem and as
such why ICANN Bod members cannot represent stakeholders/users
adequately and hence vote on issues, contracts, agreements and
policy matters in a skewed manner.

  Without good process, there can not be good product.

sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> Ex-Communists like ..
> >
> > Hey, that's not an appropriate level of discourse.
>
> Why is that Karl?  Is he not from a former Soviet satellite?  How did he
> gain the trust of the so-called "civil-society" types and establish his UN
> connections, if he was not in a position of favour in his place of origin
> to begin with...?  Did he gain that "favour" by activism for capitalism
> and a free society?  Either way, I smell a rat and I don't have a problem
> with calling it for what it is... a rat.
>
> So, for the rest of the patronizing cronies who sit as ICANN directors and
> think that they are somehow "pulling the wool" over our eyes while
> effecting their Great Plan, let them think again. Each of them are valid
> targets for our criticism and smouldering ire.  I suspect most of them are
> aware of the fact that their asses are flapping in the wind, so they play
> it low-key and do not deign to communicate with us on the GA list; after
> all, the higher a monkey climbs the more visible is its ass.  Except for
> Mr. Markovski, who likes to walk the edge of the razor and deigns to
> mingle with the unwashed masses, all the while claiming to be listening to
> our concerns while his actions belie the very thought.
>
> Where was Mr. markovski in 1998, Karl? When you were voted in as an ICANN
> director (one of those votes was from me), where was Mr. Markovski vis a
> vis ICANN and the Internet public interest?  You may not approve of my
> tone and choice of words, but I know you agree with my sentiments, so
> please don't defend the indefensible.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> Toronto, Canada
> ICANN AtLarge Member as per http://members.icann.org/

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827