To: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>; "Veni Markovski" <veni@xxxxxxxx>; "icann board address" <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "General Assembly of the DNSO" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

At 12:14 PM 11.12.2006 '?.' -0500, kidsearch wrote:
Your analogy holds no merit at all Veni. Governments are not bound by agreements that state they must make decisions based on a bottom-up consensus. It is directly opposite of how government runs. ICANN is not a government Veni, so analogies like that only show you do not understand the process you were involved in. As for the other directors, it shows the same about them.

It is you people that want to run it like a government, not the user community. But if you choose analogies based on governments, at least the people get a vote. The representatives in government were elected not selected. As a director of ICANN, you did not even have the RIGHT to go against the consensus.

Chris,
why don't you just stop interpreting what I said, making it suitable for your needs, and instead take a look at what is written? The question here is not about comparing ICANN to a government - that's what you do. The question is about percentages...
The rights of the directors are well written in a number of documents. If you want the directors to vote the way you consider right, perhaps you should try by changing the bylaws, and have a special article that says, "no director should vote before consulting with Chris, and in no way he or she should vote differently than Chris would have voted, had he been on the Board". Or something similar.

When someone votes against something, he gets blamed; when he votes for something, he gets blamed again.

Sincerely, Veni Markovski http://www.veni.com

check also my blog:
http://blog.veni.com