Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

Hi Veni,

To the contrary, history is extremely important. Perhaps you've heard the
famous quote from philosopher George Santayana, " Those who do not learn
from history are doomed to repeat it. "

The way civilization makes progress is by learning through past mistakes and
accomplishments. If no one paid any attention to history, mankind would
still be living in caves. Advances in technology have only been possible by
learning and innovating from the lessons of those before us.

I'm not sure where you learned your version of the basics of business, but
your statement could not be farther from reality. There are many variables
involved in making business decisions. Some decisions may even be the right
choice at the time that they are made. But regardless, as the environment
changes, a successful business should adapt to those changes. The stubborn
businesses that fail to adapt are replaced by their competitors. IBM's
failure to design an operating system allowed Microsoft to prosper. MSN's
failure to develop a search engine allowed Google to flourish. Likewise,
ICANN's ongoing failure to act in the best interests of its stakeholders
will also be its downfall and will allow a new entrant to replace it.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.
http://www.ProphetPartners.com