Re: [ga] ...a palpable hit

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <ploki_xyz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ...a palpable hit
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:07:38 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto I tried that on and off the list in private. The multiple choice
answers given were exactly as I posted. Show me one substantial post made by
veni that actually answered any of the questions that were asked to him. I
don't apologize for calling a spade a spade.

All responses that were given were dodges. How that benefits anyone I am not
sure. Yes, we show some frustration because its the same year after year.
Whenever a board member says he will participate there ius absolutely no
substance to it. No real dialogue, no real answers, no real indication that
ICANN has any inclination at all to vary from there current course of
action.

The same responses are received by different people is all. The response
that the users of this list only represent themselves and by and large other
internet users are all happy with what ICANN is doing due to the fact they
are not here speaking up has been the attitude of board members as long as I
can remember.

I asked Veni to give me one positive thing about lifting the price caps for
the consumer. The question was totally ignored.

I asked Veni if he thought price restrictions were pro-competition. I got a
non-answer.

To every question he gave evasive or non-answers.

Why again am I supposed to value the participation of board members? Oh, I
remember, it was meant so they could actually listen and respond and maybe
even take suggestions from people who offer them under consideration.

Instead every time it becomes that unless you agree with whatever they are
doing, you are being counterproductive, negative, and off-topic.

The only user participation ICANN's Board seems to want is any that supports
their position. We are to be thankful for being allowed to speak up at all
it seems.

I respect your opinions Roberto because you actually speak to the topic and
say something substantive. Whenever someone refuses to do that and wants to
play politician, they get back the same.