[ga] one of the biggest problems

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] one of the biggest problems
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:08:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everyone who knows me on this list knows I'm all for the freedom of domain name owners to do whatever they want with their domain names as long as it's legal. But this is getting really bad and is hurting the overall quality of search results and the Internet in general. I support the right of domain holders to monetize domain names. It is their right. But they are creating a real shortage of good domain names now more than ever before. We need new commercially viable TLDs and we need them now not after ICANN does another 3-year study on the feasibility of allowing one more TLD.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2006/05/23/internet-reit-domain_cx_rr_0523cyber.html#

Chris McElroy
http://icann.thingsthatjustpissmeoff.com