[ga] Call for Action on proposed VeriSign settlement agreement

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Call for Action on proposed VeriSign settlement agreement
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 04:57:48 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear all,

Writing to the Council list, director Michael Palage
has stated:  "Although I have the benefit of
monitoring your calls and this list's communications,
I believe it is important to use the public forum as
the primary mechanism to document the community's
position on the proposed Verisign settlement
agreements."

The Public Comment period on the revised .com
agreement will close 20 February 2005, at 12:00 noon,
UTC -- that's in another six days.

It's time for participants on this GA list to step up
to the plate and to submit comments on the proposed
settlement agreement as the ICANN Board has made it
clear that they will review and consider these
comments.