Re: [ga] Appeal to the ALAC

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Appeal to the ALAC
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:02:28 -0500
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vittorio, well thought out post and much appreciated. Danny, I think you're
right and we should move forward with or without ICANN's blessing.

We've about used up all diplomatic channels and methods of convincing ICANN
to have user representation Now we must consider more drastic and direct
methods of influencing them in my honest opinion.

Starting an organization with the intent of pushing ICANN to be more
transparent and bottom up in their consensus building process is the way to
go. I'm not talking like the former groups like Joop had. Too nice. I'm
talking about one that puts a little more bite into it and a lot less bark.

Chris McElroy
http://www.newsandmediablog.com