RE: [ga] More on localized tlds

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] More on localized tlds
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 06:23:59 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love this stuff. Making it easier for a billion users is a "bit of a mess".
  So my brother and i argued about quantum theories and how applicable it is to ID at about our twenty plus Christmas dinner, for about the fiftieth year. Great time to be had by all. My wife and aunt and mother asked me later, "so what was that all about?"
  I explained that it was just to remind us that those who really know, know less than those who do not.

Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  <clip>
Overall it has always been a bit of a mess. When a domain name is
embedded into an HTTP URL or SIP URI things get even more messy - the
various characters could be represented by their hex codes using the %xx
syntax.

And yes, a few rules to say "don't do this" does make life a lot easier.

--karl--