Re: [ga] gTLDs and the heretofore flawed ICANN paradigm

Increased complexity will only serve to break down the elegance,
simplicity and indefeasibility of the namespace, which will result in an
unwieldy mess of possible points of failure that will not serve in
anyone's interest except those who have shortsighted aims.

As for trademark law and the internet, let me just briefly state that the
problem (if problem it is), lies in the heretofore application of
trademark law to the internet medium and NOT in some shortcoming of the
namespace construct.

My question is this: If truly all of the stakeholders in the present and
future Internet are to be sitting at the table where policies of such
ontological import are being fashioned; where is the representation for
the INDIVIDUAL interest?  After all, if groups of individuals (i.e.
corporations, associations and governments) have an interest and stake in
the proceedings, then what about their component individual parts?