Re: [ga] A TLD for Trademarks

At 10:06 p.m. 18/12/2005, Richard Henderson wrote:
I personally favour one clearly identifiable TLD for verified trademarks
(call it .reg or .tm or whatever) and the whole world knows that's where you
go to look for the official sites for recognised and established companies.

It's too late for that, Richard.

Small businesses have trademarks too.
Any kind of forced corralling (whether in .org or .xxx ,.kids or .tm) is going to give more compliance and enforcement problems than it is worth.
You would introduce a heavy hand into the DNS.

Do you think I would like my established brand imachination.com to be herded to a .reg corral and suffer huge rebranding expenses simply because my registered trademark is suddenly not enough protection any more?

-joop-