Re: [ga] Vint: on the basic rationale for adding TLDs and any contra-indications

At 20:50 09/12/2005, Karl Auerbach wrote:
Adding new TLDs is, when we get down to the basic act of doing it, not all that much work - a minute or two with a text editor, a few seconds if a simple script has been written to do the editing.

Karl,
the real issue is to keep the TLD base updated. Not a big deal if you use a script collecting the data from the TLD Managers (there is today less than 70 root update a year). Actually, would someone develop a user smart resolver under Windows all this should be automated for every user, everyone having his own root. Rather than fighting multiple roots, we should work on the way to address the problems they may create.
Good luck with you generic NIC.
jfc