[ga] Staff Analysis of Public Comments

  • To: vint@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Staff Analysis of Public Comments
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:36:39 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vint,

I'm quoting from the Staff Analysis of Public
Comments:
"Regarding registrants, there was some expression that
there might be some negative effects due to the
potential price increases, but, the majority across
constituencies expressed that the increase in cost was
negligible when compared to the value of a domain name
registration."
http://www.icann.org/topics/vrsn-settlement/comments-analysis-11dec05.pdf

I really have to ask, is the Staff reading the same
comments that I have read?  This analysis is certainly
as erroneous as the Staff Q&A documents!  What's going
on with your staff... are they deliberately trying to
mislead the Board?