Re: [ga] Roberto Gaetano on ALAC Reform

Chris, Karl and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

I also, as are and have been the vast majority of our members in agreement
with Karls response here to Vittorio's skewed and misconceived approach.
Although once upon a time, Karl was skeptical of such due to verification
reasons.  Those arguments have already been vetted and are unlikely
to bare ripe fruit however.

It is a shame and a sham to the stakeholders/users of the internet,
regardless of country of origin that the suggestion Vittorio has made
would come out of the ALAC, which as Richard, myself and others
have repeatedly pointed out is an instrument of the ICANN BoD
and staff rather than a viable structure for stakeholers/users to
actively, effectively and above all individually participate in policy
determination.  The north american stakeholders/users are not
*Special* as Vittorio's remarks seem to indicate, and given the
importance of the internet as a means for effecting commerce
internationally, excluding any or all stakeholders/users as Vittorio
suggests is a form a censorship that is unfairly and unnecessarily
belligerent and discriminatory in nature.  I hope Vittorio will
reconsider and recant his suggestion forth with.  But some how
I doubt that he will...

After all, isn't the "internet for everyone" as Vint is famous for
saying?

kidsearch wrote:

> Very well said. Back to the beginning to do what they were supposed to do in
> the first place is the simplest solution.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827