Re: [ga] ICANN, Verisign, and Competition

  • To: ICANN ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN, Verisign, and Competition
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:09:49 -0800
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, wendy seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wendy mcauliffe <wendy_mcauliffe@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

On a personal and ethical note here, I for the life of me cannot
understand
or contemplate how DOC/NTIA legal staff could allow such language
to be used in this manner.  It's mind boggling!

kidsearch wrote:

>    "ICANN does not create or make Internet policy. Rather, policy is
> created through a bottom-up, transparent process involving all
> necessary constituencies and stakeholders in the Internet Community."
>
> As long as they can decide who are the "necessary" constituencies and
> stakeholders, then they can make that claim.
>
> Chris McElroy
>
> http://www.wholettheblogout.com
>
> http://www.newsandmediablog.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827