Re: [ga] More ALAC Follies

At 00:10 28/11/2005, Richard Henderson wrote:
The truth is that the individual users who were actively engaged in ICANN
affairs and participated in discussions have largely given up, because they
never asked for ALAC in the first place.

Richard,
criticising Vittorio is of no interest. The people who are left on this GA list all made mistakes (I make no difference between him and you). and we all tried very hard in what we thought good. Are we so aged to continue to dispute for years instead of taking advantage together from our experience and achievements? Vittorio wrote me after the Vienna meeting where he saved the @large concept asking if he should have accepted to deal with ICANN. I told him yes. I supported him as a Panel Chair. Until ...... I fought dearly Danny, Sotoris crucified me, I had to fire Joop from his own IDNO, etc. all this was good for ICANN. Do you really want to continue for years to please ICANN?

The problem is not with us, not with ICANN. It is being useful to something. Not being of use to an organisation which is of no use is not very exciting. With Abel we had incorporated an ATLARGE organisation. We can have a banking account, a payment gateway, start a real simple organization. And impose ourselves where there is something real to do (IETF societal filtering and users QA, and Internet Governance Forum users network representation), action by negotiation and catalysis rather than by protestation.

Obviously there is an US Legacy Governance QA: Danny carries it well, and you assist. This is not really of interest to 90% of the Internet users, but you would have more weight if it was part of a true international organization. A true international organization in the IGF would certainly benefit from a non-Governmental US user representation.

Abel, I plan an IGFTF/IGFAB/IFGSG structure to represent IGF users members with Internet entities of global impact (IANA, IETF, NSF new technology, RSSAC, Unicode, ISOC, NTIA/IANA). It can be administratively _hosted_ by ATLARGE we could activate as foreseen:a common administrative base. Would you follow? Who else could share in?

Richard, would you this time join us and bring back our domain name? ALAC people are individually welcome who are also interested in users? Sotiris, would you take over the site management? Joop would you work on the IGFTF Draft with us (light By-Laws included). Dassa, if you are around would you join in the administration. But we would need to have a balanced representation by countries and languages.

Comments welcome.
jfc