[ga] Re: [Ecommerce] WSIS, Monday morning...

  • To: James Love <james.love@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [Ecommerce] WSIS, Monday morning...
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:27:15 -0800
  • Cc: ecommerce <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wsis <alt.wsis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, WGIG <wgig@xxxxxxx>, Crisinfo <Crisinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, a2k discuss list <a2k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jamie and all,

Thanks Jamie for this interesting update.  Very much in keeping with
debates and discussions on the now defunct DNSO GA list several
years ago now.

Our members attending in Tunis as before, are very much aligned
with governments having control of their assigned ccTLD's.  This
however is not in line with DOC/NTIA and ICANNs policy's
which were developed in a near vaccume in the first place.

What is even more interesting is the lack of debate and discussion
regarding sTLD's and gTLD's in respect to IP issues, regarding
this report and first days meeting in Tunis.