[ga] Time to pay attention - WSIS Golden Book

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Time to pay attention - WSIS Golden Book
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:08:09 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

While i do not really like the politics involved, they cannot be ignored.
Not that i do not like politics, it is just that i do not like these kind of politicians. So many are representative of their governments that are not democratic at all. Yet they claim consensus and democratic rights in the international arena. Tunis is one of my favorites, look into the rights of Tunisians regarding the Internet. Hmm!  OTOH look at Russia, how much do they police abuse of and on the Internet? And just who gives the Al Qaeda access to air beheadings? But regardless, WSIS is clearly having a major impact and we must become educated and anticipate particpation therein.
http://www.itu.int/wsis/

Whenever I see something like a final statement called something like the "GOLDEN BOOK" i get a little queasy; Look for it soon on a Mt. Olympus bookstore near you!