Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:03:17 -0800
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Your absolutely right in your brief description of what ICANN
considers an At-Large and how it uses it as an insterment of the
ISOC and vise versa yet in no legitimate way does the ALAC
represent even a tiny fraction of the REAL stakeholders/users
and therefor cannot meet the obligation of representation.

What I still cannot understand Danny is why you espouse such
on a forum that is defunct and not directly to the DOC/NTIA?

Danny Younger wrote:

> Richard,
>
> If you've read through the last half dozen Status
> Reports to the DOC, you'll note that the ALAC figures
> prominently in each one of them.  ICANN will not
> forego this fraudulent pretense because it's vital to
> their MOU completion effort.  They have to pretend
> that everything is wonderful, and that things will
> work themselves out over the course of time.
>
> The ALAC is ICANN's answer to their ninth obligation
> under the last MOU amendment:
>
> "Continue to develop, to test, and to implement
> appropriate mechanisms that foster informed
> participation in ICANN by the global Internet
> community, such as providing educational services
> and fostering information sharing for constituents
> and promoting best practices among industry
> segments."
>
> Without that ALAC section in their response, all that
> ICANN can point to is attendance at a few meetings.
> We're being victimized just so that ICANN can play the
> game of appearing to be responsive.
>
> --- Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Membership of ALAC should be on the basis of
> > individuals, exercising
> > one-person-one-vote, and one-person-one-opinion.
> >
> > This would tend to diminish any concerns about
> > capture, and would also give
> > ALAC back to the people it is supposed to represent:
> >
> > Individuals.
> >
> > It's obvious.
> >
> > Yrs,
> >
> > Richard Henderson
> > www.atlarge.org

   Abraham Lincoln

IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827