Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:04:05 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

You remarks/comments are non squatter Danny.  You know and have
known full well that ICANN's GNSO is never going to allow for an
open and transparent constituency or for that matter any more
constituencies.  So this argument is never going to be convincing given
your already stated dislike for individual membership.

Rather what is needed and also is very unlikely to ever be formed
is an AT-Large with it's own set of constituencies that is on par with
the GNSO. It's either this or ALL GNSO constituencies must change
their membership policies as to be completely open for any
stakeholder/user
to join as a full voting member and in such membership fees reflect the
country of origins ANI of said member.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Re:  "It seems that Danny Younger also does not
> support an At-Large that allows of individual members
> from his earlier comments on this thread related to
> the NCUC."
>
> If organizations choose to participate in the ALAC
> debacle, that is their prerogative.  That does not
> imply that I do not support At-Large representation
> for individuals.
>
> Let the organizations have their play-space, as long
> as individual contributors have a venue wherein DNS
> policy matters can be debated (with mechanisms that
> allow policy considerations to be advanced to the
> Board -- we need our own constituency).

> http://farechase.yahoo.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827