Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:14:51 -0800
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, vint@xxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

I could not agree more with Richards comments.  However as the ISOC
some few years ago once had individual voting members changed their
charter at the suggestion in part of Vint Cerf amongst a few others
ISOC BoD members to change ISOC's charter to eliminate voting
individual members citing costs of membership and individual participation
as the reason, which of course was nonsense.  It seems that Danny Younger
also does not support an At-Large that allows of individual members
from his earlier comments on this thread related to the NCUC.

Therefor individual stakeholders/users have been betrayed by ICANN
and it seems to a degree by DOC/NTIA.  Such a betrayal is paramount
to policies that do not fit the "internet is for everyone" doctrine of
Vint Cerf and most REAL stakeholders/users.

Richard Henderson wrote:

> Membership of ALAC should be on the basis of individuals, exercising
> one-person-one-vote, and one-person-one-opinion.
>
> This would tend to diminish any concerns about capture, and would also give
> ALAC back to the people it is supposed to represent:
>
> Individuals.
>
> It's obvious.
>
> Yrs,
>
> Richard Henderson
> www.atlarge.org

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827