Re: [ga] .com, and possible "material breach" of the contract

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .com, and possible "material breach" of the contract
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:49:07 -0700
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Not ONLY everyday users are denied representation so are registrants
to a very great degree.  Hence the majority of the internet community
and owners of same have been taxed/fee'ed without representation as
a result in part of ICANN's policies even without the free and unencumbered
participation of registrants and stakeholders/users.

Richard Henderson wrote:

> What concerns me (among other things) is that this 'taxation' is not
> accompanied by representation on behalf of the people being taxed.
>
> It is abundantly clear that ICANN has excluded ordinary internet users from
> meaningful representation in its processes. Even its supposed body for
> individual internet users (ALAC) bans the membership of... individuals!
>
> Prior to that, ICANN's motives and intentions were transparent when it
> expelled the elected representatives of the At Large movement from its Board
> Room.
>
> Taxation without representation is more like the start of tyranny. Hence
> Verisign's newly-acquired powers to raise costs to registrants on an annual
> basis have been granted without reference to the people who will actually be
> footing the bill.
>
> ICANN's craven surrender to vested interests, and its rejection of bottom-up
> democracy, are profoundly disturbing.
>
> Yrs,
>
> Richard Henderson

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827