Re: [ga] Constituency De-Recognition Process

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Constituency De-Recognition Process
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:40:56 -0700
  • Cc: "bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike@xxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

As you already know the GNSO was the bastard stepchild of what once
was the DNSO GA and was created in order to limit membership and
open/transparent participation in ICANN and the then DNSO, hence
the name change to GNSO.  The DNSO GA was than disbanded.
Therefore the now GNSO is nothing more than a farce of a placemaker
for ICANN's BoD and staff to manipulate as it sees fit.  Hence your
correct request although well intentioned will only spawn yet another
brain fart storm for finding a way to either bolster this consituency's
membership or migrate it into an already questionably legitimate
GNSO constituency which is already "under the thumb" of the
ICANN BoD and staff.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Dear Bruce,
>
> As Chair of the GNSO Council, you might be aware of
> the manner by which the following issue may be
> addressed; your guidance is requested:
>
> ICANN Bylaws:  Article X, Section 5, Paragraph 3:
>
> "Each Constituency identified in paragraph 1 of this
> Section shall maintain its recognition, and thus its
> ability to select GNSO Council representatives, only
> so long as it in fact represents the interests
> globally of the stakeholder communities it purports to
> represent"
>
> There is a particular GNSO constituency wherein 94% of
> the membership is either North American or European.
> They have one member from the Middle East and one from
> New Zealand.  As I see it, this constituency no longer
> represents the interests globally of the stakeholder
> communities it purports to represent.
>
> Can you elaborate upon the de-recognition process that
> we might remove this non-representative group from the
> GNSO?
>
> Best regards,
> Danny Younger

> http://farechase.yahoo.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827