Re: [ga] RE: Bylaws Change Requested -- The At-Large Requires Representation

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Bylaws Change Requested -- The At-Large Requires Representation
  • From: RBHauptman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:56:36 EDT
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looks to me that you are advocating the UN or some other international
approach.

_jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

This is  what is really discussed at the WSIS, a forum where the users
can document  themselves to themselves. ICANN could have done it. It
still can share in  it. But ICANN (and IETF) by their US nexus have
difficulty to switch from  "AmerICANN" to multiculturalism. The real
issue is therefore deeper and  simpler. We see it with the IDN failure.

The diagnosis is clear (Peace  Nobel Price):
http://newsfromrussia.com/world/2005/10/06/64579.html
The  WSIS just tries to prevent us from the Internet bleak society.

The root  of the problem is not the DNS root, but RFC 1766, 3066, etc.
which confuse  internationalisation (all the computers to speak an
underlaying English)  and multiculturalization (the e-communications
empowerment of the persons'  communities).

The decision is not at the WSIS, ICANN/GNSO/GA, etc. but  it is to
know if Google, Yahoo!, Verisign will understand their business
interest as services providers (with 70% of non-English speakers).
The  future board of Unicode will be the real indication. And how the
IANA will  transform.