[ga] RE: .int registry policy

  • To: Vint Cerf <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] RE: .int registry policy
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vint,

You raise some interesting questions... while there is
already an acronym conflict between two IGOs (the
World Tourism Organization and the World Trade
Organization), which poses potential problems, I can't
help but think of the .int namespace as somewhat akin
to a sponsored space that serves a particular
community but without the benefit of a community-based
policy development process.

Rightfully, the members of this community should have
recourse to a process whereby they can assist in the
formulation of policy pertinent to their own namespace
-- while you and I may have some thoughts on the best
way to manage this space, it really should be up to
them, the community of IGOs, to set their own
policies.

Have you yet been able to determine the current
procedures where .int policy may be changed?  If so,
the judicious course of action would probably be to
refer the WIPO folk to these given procedures so that
they may initiate their own policy development
process.

-- danny --

http://farechase.yahoo.com