Re: [ga] .eu Sunrise "pooling" problems

  • To: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .eu Sunrise "pooling" problems
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:08:33 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DOC stands for Department of Commerce. ICANN has a contract with them. DOC is still a governmental body last I checked. In fact ntia and FTC are governmental bodies. Cheating them is akin to cheating all of us - and pursuant to Justice Kennedy that means the world, especially included is .gb or .eu and follow nafta and cafta.
However ICANN does its business effects us all. But no one seems to care as long as they make a profit.
Now lastly and perhaps most important to us advisors; Predictability. If I cannot prognosticate and/or foreseeacate and stabilitate projections based upon reasonable likely outcomes i cannot guide my company through troubled waters. In otherwords- if you do not let me know the rules in advance i cannot invest in this round of poker. Ether we leave the table or we make our own rules as necessity and our hand dictates, otherwise known as Chaos and resulting anarchy.
Complete Lasse Faire (meant to mean freedom in market) requires some such "handsoff" approach. If we do not like or cannot beat the players we should leave the table or change it.
Platos' Republic sets forth the ground rules, that 2 thousand years have not changed.
Complain but plan for chaos.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Richard, did you send this over to DOC/NTIA or the FTC unedited?
If not, if you expect any real action from ICANN or pool.com. Unless
you are willing to put yourself on the line here, naming names and
filing
complaints will be necessary.

Richard Henderson wrote:

> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> Encoding: quoted-printable

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827