Re: [ga] expired domains and questionable registrar practices...

  • To: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] expired domains and questionable registrar practices...
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:21:28 -0700 (PDT)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Where were you when Jeff argued about process? Where were you except complaining about Danny when we argued about linguistics? Your comments are notable but you eat in the kitchen of hired help when it comes to prinicple. SS you seem to care when it suits you. But not at all when it suits another. Read the email? It tells you that you are a nignogg and entitled to diddlysquat because you are a deadbeat and do not pay your bills. These types of complaints from people who do not pay their bills are worthy of gladbag garbage bag storage in a dumbster.

Next I suppose we are going to tax us all to pay for your domain sensibilities. What business is it of yours what someone does with something that you defaulted on?

Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had a domain registration that expired some time ago (as in over 1
year ago). Can someone explain to me why the registrar GO DADDY
SOFTWARE, INC. has not yet had the domain deleted from the registry?

When I do a whois query on the name, here's what I get:
-------------------
Whois xxxxxxxxx.com

GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Domain Name: xxxxxxxxx.com

The results below are provided by GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
(whois.godaddy.com)

No match for "xxxxxxxxx.com" in the registrar database.
--------------------

I'd like to re-register the name now, but I cannot. Would someone
please let me know why the registrar in question has not submitted
the domain for deletion? Are they perhaps hoping someone will
backorder the domain, thereby increasing their registration profit
margin? What exactly is going on here? I'm also sure that this is
not an isolated case as I've seen it with other domains.

Will anyone from ICANN or GoDaddy care to explain?

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

--
This email includes a valid digital signature which positively
distinguishes the sender and serves to ensure that the message has

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender
does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution,
use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by
other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received
this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
otherwise) immediately.
begin:vcard
fn:Sotiris Sotiropoulos
n:Sotiropoulos;Sotiris