Re: [ga] WHO is our leader?

  • To: "Hugh Dierker" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] WHO is our leader?
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:22:41 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, the politicians get that one wrong too. The only leadership worth having is the role of the servant. If you haven't got that attitude, you're no leader. Of course, team camaraderie, humour, magnanimity, the ability to get up the hundredth time after you fall, compassion, confidence in your best, givingness, the ability to listen and change, decision, reflection, stillness and quiet, the ability to communicate, respect for the weakest, the ability to delegate, self-deprecation and awareness of the things that make you ridiculous, and vision... all these things help...

But first, be the servant.

ICANN itself is there, or supposed to be, to serve the rest of the human race...