Re: [ga] .pro Community Refund

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .pro Community Refund
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:39:32 -0800
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  No I think if  you read closely what I stated, we do agree.  Indeed,
such funds are many times misused or collected under false pretenses.
Hence why in part, my response to Danny said, " the uses to which
you Danny, wish for this fund to support is not representative of the
stakeholders/users." Which Danny listed as the following [from below]:
Support of the DNSO.
Support for additional arbitration mechanisms.
Consumer-focused domain name education programs.
Support for ICANN policies.
Bridging the Digital Divide.

  So to belabor and/or elaborate further Eric, from the above,
Support for ICANN policies and Support of the DNSO,
are two areas which Danny listed that such a fund should
NOT support.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> [...]
> > with Registry Services that were sponsored by a shareholder of
> > Registry Operator, which also operates as an ICANN-Accredited
> > Registrar as defined in the Registry Agreement. Such percentage will
>
> > be multiplied by Registry Operator's net income derived from the
> > Registry Services during such Community Refund Period to arrive at
> the
> > Community Refund.
> >
> > Example: If the total number of new domain name registrations in a
> > community refund period were 300,000, and 50,000 had been registered
>
> > by the shareholders of Registry Operator, 16.667% (50,000/350,000)
> of
> > the net income (after interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization
> and
> > dividend) derived from Registry Services would be available to be
> paid
> > as a community refund.
> >
> > The calculation of the Community Refund will be approved by the
> > Registry Operator Board of Directors no later 120 calendar days
> after
> > the audit for such accounts has been completed for such Community
> > Refund Period. The refund will be distributed no later than 90
> > calendar days following approval by the Board of Directors, unless
> an
> > extension is needed to review proposals from groups requesting such
> > funds.
> >
> > The Registry Operator Board of Directors shall review the proposals
> > and shall determine the recipients and amounts of distributions from
>
> > the refund. The distributions shall be made for the promotion of the
>
> > management and deployment of the Internet in the public interest and
>
> > may include:
> >
> > Support of the DNSO.
> > Support for additional arbitration mechanisms.
> > Consumer-focused domain name education programs.
> > Support for ICANN policies.
> > Bridging the Digital Divide.
> >
> > Each year beginning after the completion of the initial Community
> > Refund Period, Registry Operator will report, according to Appendix
> U,
> > on the distributions made from the Community Refund.
> >
> > http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/pro/registry-ag
> > t-appg-23apr04.htm
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> Pierre Abelard
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.

    Pierre Abelard