Re: [ga] ALAC: An exercise in doing absolutely nothing

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ALAC: An exercise in doing absolutely nothing
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:36:11 -0000
  • Cc: <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whether or not ALAC "does absolutely nothing", it is undoubtedly a "top-down" group of appointees working in a structure which was created by ICANN and imposed on the User community. And yes, it has usurped the real community of Individual internet users that was lively, engaged, and properly represented.

ICANN chose to expel the elected representation of internet users, and replace it with something that locks out the very Individual users that ALAC is supposed to exist for.

If you look at the last 11 days on the ALAC forum, the only post has been a spam message offering "a luxury Spanish apartment for just £5".

That is the sad reality of user participation at ICANN. ALAC has totally failed to engage the people it claims (without any mandate) to represent, because it has locked them out of the process.

Yrs,

Richard H