[ga] Indian

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Indian
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:52:20 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is a very strange matter, this cultural difference. I persuaded a SBC Global Telephone help girl to tell me where she was really from, her accent was beautiful. She was from some place called Calcutta. My Vietnamese 101 teacher at college the other night told me India has the strongest influence on Vietnam because of some sort of Buddhism. Indian to me means Navajo or Pima or Piute or Hopi. Outsourcing does not mean that I talk with a Hindu from Calcutta.
But here I am thinking of Danny as a New Yorker and SS as a Canadian, and Jefsey as French and Vittorio as Italian and Gaetano as Spanish and Who Know what Erick is. Elizabeth I never got but she speaks Francaise and Harold must be from someplace. And Arnold cannot be President in the US because he is from someplace else. And JW is a Texan with French relatives and I work arbitrage with South Africans and speak Spanish but I have a drivers license from Mexico. So my wife speaks Aussie English and calls Cambodia Cam Po Chia.
And again, my youngest daughter likes to say "like dude". Whatever!
Go figure if we have cultural differences based on lingual perception.
Two new little girls chased each other down my street. They had red jackets and shared one little bike. They had a singular braid with gorgeous black hair and earrings. A funny jewel was on the middle of their forehead. They looked at me funny in my cowboy boots and cowboy hat and I asked them why they live here. And they said we do not know but we have a bike to share and can play on the street and momma does not worry.Daddy makes so much money we can shop all day at our church and our red jackets are from a man named Jesus.
I am pushy so I pushed them both home on the bike. And dad got his job here through your internet. No it is not one person at a time our work helps it is one family.
Just stay vigilant.