Re: [ga] A Call for Resignations

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Call for Resignations
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:58:22 +1300
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Individual stakeholders,

I am writing this just as I await my flights from the Philippines back to NZ.
Sorry that I had no time to react sooner.

Danny has voiced his severe criticism of the ALAC and its remaining members and so far nobody , either ALAC members or others, have countered his arguments.

Danny is almost certainly correct in assuming that what he said about the ALAC's lack of transparency is the opinion of the vast majority of all "at large" stakeholders, who until now have been denied elected representation in ICANN.
A well -publicised vote would put the no-confidence beyond any doubt.

I thank Danny for persisting in this battle and by doing so, seeking to effect change.

In view of the activity of the last few days, something appears to work.

However, calling for the resignation of the A-lackeys needs to be supplemented by an alternative.

We have existing facilities such as atlarge.ca, icannatlarge.com and others mainained by volunteers, that can function as focal points for self-organization.

Please use these facilities.

There is no reason why an Individual Domain Name Owners's association cannot be revived and speak with the legitimate voice of elected representatives.
A huge amount of work and struggle has gone into giving it a charter.

I do not approve of the name-calling of named individual ALAC members. This will only discourage other potential volunteers to freely give of their time and talents.

-joop-