Re: [ga] Vittorio Bertola on the At-Large

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Vittorio Bertola on the At-Large
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:32:17 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is so obvious. Sometimes the lack or absence of something speaks for itself. Clearly if there had been any real disruption we would of heard of it.
Perhaps if Danny would have really disrupted the meeting, ala civil disobedience, there would have been some notariety. Perhaps that is what is called for to bring attention to the wrongful conduct. It seems that throughout history throughout the world, that when the silencing of the peoples voice becomes so oppressive it calls for riotess behavior and with the behavior attention is drawn to the point of abuse. This is why civilized nations have free speech and why prior restraints on speech are abhored. I like what I see happening in Lebanon. I like what I see in Iraq and Afghanistan. I like the sound of democratic freedom bells ringing. Perhaps some day we will also see it emerge in cyberspace.

Eric

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sotiris,

Re:  Since there is no public record(ing) of the ALAC meetings how can we
ever know the nature of the alleged disruption? How do we ascertain
that it even happened?

I was in Rio.  I was at the At-Large meeting.  Mr. Bertola equates vigorous dissent (mine) with disruption.  Hope this clarifies matters.

best regards,

Danny

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!