Re: [ga] ICANN Vancouver 2005 - AtLarge.ca

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Vancouver 2005 - AtLarge.ca
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:47:23 -0800
  • Cc: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  You words and thoughts are well worth taking heed to.  Let's hope that

Sotiris's propensity for identipy authorization via paypal will be a
means
of effecting censoring for canadian stakeholders/users or their chosen
representation.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Sotiris,
>
> How shall such a site be censored?  I note that many such places have
> seemingly gone forward only to find a censorship that ultimately takes
> control of the flow of information so that it reflects the goals of
> the maker and not that of the users.  Usually it is first done in the
> name of what is appropriate and nice and then becomes a style and
> personality issue. And finally it becomes a clear platform for the
> annointed and them alone.
> Whether it is a BoD that limits membership or a Committee that only
> recognizes certain well bred contributors or a website that censors
> people and Ideas and "vulgarity of personal attacks" it usually comes
> down to a chosen few selecting what is good or bad for the many.
> Watchdogs was ICANNs favorite method, while one man dictatorship was
> TRs.
>
> I hope you will be able to safegaurd this most precious freedom of
> speech and not fall victim to those who would censor that which they
> think is uncomfortable. For it is the "VOICE" of the Internet user
> that is at stake not the sensibility and virginity of the willing
> reader.
>
> Shalom,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> As I will make every effort to be present at the Nov. 30 - Dec. 4,
> 2005 ICANN meeting in Vancouver, I deemed it prudent to initiate an
> AtLarge organizing movement at this time.
>
> I have set up a web site for this purpose: http://atlarge.ca/
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos