[ga] A look back to 1999

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] A look back to 1999
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:34:51 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This really is a must read to help keep bearings and perspective;
http://www.technology.gov/OTPolicy/ then type in ICANN in the site search.

The site does not navigate well and it looks like a government building.

Towards Digital eQuality
The U.S. Government Working Group on Electronic Commerce
2nd Annual Report, 1999
Foreword
On that sunny, but cold January day when we took office nearly seven years ago, few could have foreseen the economic revival we have experienced. Fewer still would have predicted that this month we would be celebrating the creation of the 20 millionth new job. A central ingredient in our Nation?s virtuous cycle of economic reform has been the increased application of information technology to all facets of our business cycle from research and development to manufacturing, sales and marketing. All told, information technology has been responsible for about one third of real economic growth in the past few years.