Re: [ga] Reminder

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Reminder
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:08:03 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  ICANN has already chosen whom or what entities it will accept guidance

from and on what issues ICANN believes it needs guidance on.  Hence
offering guidance at this juncture, is nearly and exercise in futility.

  So Jefsey's observation seems very nearly spot on.

Danny Younger wrote:

>    Jefsey,
>
> My dedication is not to the ICANN cause; rather I am dedicated to
> whatever entity can effectively keep governments at arm's length.  At
> the moment, ICANN is the only institution that is so positioned to
> safeguard my interest, so for now they get my support as well as my
> criticisms.  A properly articulated Strategic Plan is important
> because it will detail what we can expect in the post MOU
> environment.  If what we will be told does not correlate well with our
> own vision for the future then we will have to seek out or create new
> alternatives.  Either way, for now it wouldn't hurt to offer ICANN
> some guidance.
>

> "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Danny,
> I admire your dedication to the ICANN cause. The real thing is to know
> in
> what the ICANN has helped the Internet to develop (we can all quote
> many
> failures) and honestly evaluate if the pros beat the cons. The ISP
> (ICANN
> Strategic Plan) is only a way to describe what the ISP should says,
> then to
> say it as a description of the status quo, and then to describe an
> administrative growth to make it.
>
> I must say that I read the ISP. I must say I fall aslept several
> times. I
> was just dismayed. It could have been written in 10 pages. I may be
> wrong
> but I read it as "nothing new, except it more and more unnecessary
> bureaucracy".
> jfc

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx