[ga] Re: [Ecommerce] More on wealthy nations and harmonisation meeting in DC

  • To: Manon Ress <manon.ress@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [Ecommerce] More on wealthy nations and harmonisation meeting in DC
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:04:16 -0800
  • Cc: Ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "apnic-talk@xxxxxxxxx" <apnic-talk@xxxxxxxxx>, Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, info@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "declan@xxxxxxxx" <declan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Manon and all,

  I and many of our members had reached the same conclusion that
Mr. Kirk and others from wealthy countries are finally coming
around to, over 3 years ago.  WIPO and many other UN based
organizations have been marginalized or relatively if not nearly
totally ineffectual for nearly a decade.  ICANN's UDRP tanks
to folks like Esther Dyson and Mike Roberts, was one example
of WIPO's and the UN's  inane and ineffectual methods and
processes as ICANN itself has been...