Re: [ga] VeriSign to auction deleting domains!

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  First of all Richard, "Registries" don't "Supply" domain names, "Registrars"
do.  This is how ICANN's system is supposed work, even though I and
many of our members were such a separation.  Hence "Registries" should
not be able to sell Domain names except through their affiliated but
separate entity "Registrars" licensed/contracted to do so...

  The bid process is bad anyway as selling expired or any domain name
that has already been registered originally if it becomes expired via
a bid process as you suggest will only encourage further cheating
by the "Registry" in your proposal or in fact the "Registrars" as some
if not many chasing a buck will seek to "prematurely expire" Domain
names in the hope of selling them again via your bid idea at a much
higher price than the original registration price, thereby artificially
inflating the cost to the registrant and especially to any future
first time registrant.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS