[ga] Re: [icann-people] drop pool registrars (fwd)

  • To: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [icann-people] drop pool registrars (fwd)
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:56:14 -0700
  • Cc: icann-people@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, registrars@xxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rick and all,

  I agree with your analysis, which may surprise you Rick.  However if you
recall some two or more years ago I had predicted that ICANN would find
a way to shrink or eliminate Registrar competition even though the than
BoD and staff and the musical chair selection and replacement there of
professed at that time and in accordance with DOC/NTIA requirement,
would not do or ever happen.