Re: [ga] Disappearing archives

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Disappearing archives
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:46:12 -0700
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

"Disabled"
or otherwise unavailable for some time now and has been mentioned
of several occasions to the ICANN Webmaster and Secretariat and
this forums list members on several occasions.  It seems that an answer
or correction is not forthcoming...

  Several GNSO/DNSO GA list forum members including myself and
Erick Derker have on several occasions requested from the Secretariat
as well as Thomas Rossler, to reactivate the GNSO GA list archives.
It also seems that such requests are being ignored... As to why, I
haven't
a good answer.

Richard Henderson wrote:

>    Maybe there's just a temporary glitch, but the Registrars' mailing
> list appears to be unobtainable at:

> This list has always been available for viewing, so that members of
> the public and interested parties can keep abreast of DNS/governance
> issues from a registrars' perspective.
>
> I'm watching to see if this list is suffering a temporary downtime, or
> whether - like the GA mailing list archives for this mailing list
> here, it has been disabled (in the interests of "openness and
> transparency").
>
> By the way, why ARE the archives of this GA mailing list disabled? Has
> anyone ever explained?
>
> Yrs,
>
> Richard Henderson

    Pierre Abelard