[ga] Saga

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Saga
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:35:44 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The following is taken from ICANNWatch;
Thomas Roessler has closed the ICANN-Europe mailing list. Once a low-traffic, hiqh quality talking shop to discuss .eu and other issues, it had (like so much discussion about ICANN in the wake of the takeover) become moribund.

The text of the final message follows

Hello,

this is the final message to the icann-europe list; the list will be shut down when this message has been distributed. (Yes, I said I'd shut it down last January...)

To stay informed about ICANN, I recommend that you regularly visit the following weblogs:

* Chris Ambler   at http://onthenet.ambler.net/
* Karl Auerbach  at http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog/
* Susan Crawford at http://scrawford.blogware.com/
* Bret Fausett   at http://blog.lextext.com/blog
* Ross Rader     at http://www.byte.org/blog
* Wendy Seltzer  at http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/
* myself         at http://log.does-not-exist.org/

An aggregator that pulls together most of these blogs is at <http://aggregator.does-not-exist.org/>.

For public discussions about ICANN, ICANNwatch at http://www.icannwatch.org/ is probably the best place.

Sadly, I'm not aware of any public mailing lists for informed discussion about ICANN and across constituency boundaries at this point of time. During the reform process, we had hoped the GNSO's GA list could fulfill that function; unfortunately, I can't recommend joining that list to anyone.

If you want to channel input into ICANN, you're always welcome to write to the At-Large Advisory Committee (of which I'm a member and the liaison to the GNSO Council) at <forum(at)alac.icann.org>.

I just find this Roessler Charactar amazing. How as Chair of the GA did he work with the GNSO to destroy the assembly and now claim a hope for the list. It was he himself that destroyed all hope of the GA helping to get some stakeholder interest involved in ICANN. Hell, he is the guy that destroyed the archives. And acting chair took on the role of the Bullshit At-large yes man liason. This guy is a bookburning fascist manipulator.

Eric