[ga] Lacnic

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Lacnic
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not think I quite get this ASO group.

http://lacnic.net/en/by-laws2.html

Addresses: English
Direcciones: Spanish
Enderecamento: Porteguese

My reading and limited use in my life gives three distinct meanings to those transcultural words. None of which is consistent with the Whois data base.
English: It means a location and really nothing more - no indication of who lives or works there.
Spanish: How to find a given location - again nothing about who or what is there.
Porteguese: A place known by a common history of places - Although sometimes known through the familiarity of a person or event.

So how did ICANN relable the common meaning in three distinct cultures? Oops I forgot they are located in Californicate, a state of bastardizing language.

Next question is; Why do we need them? I do not see what value they add to an existing structure. Are IP interests simply multiplying their base?

For fun write them something at politicas-owner@xxxxxxxxxx
and be critical and ask them why politicas is in the handle.
I'll be you get a politicas-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps a Rubics cube.

Eric