[ga] Re: ICANN AT-LARGE MONTHLY ANNOUNCEMENT

  • To: committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: ICANN AT-LARGE MONTHLY ANNOUNCEMENT
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:31:53 -0700
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear ALAC committee, all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  The so called ALAC does not and never has represented the view
of our members, stakeholder/users and domain name holders all.  And
has been informed frequently by many stakeholders/users other than
INEGroup members as not representing them either.  Hence such
opinions espoused by the ALAC cannot reflect an accurate representation
of even a small minority of all or the stakeholders/users.

alac-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hand menu.
> In this issue:
>
> * WHOIS - The public comment period for the Preliminary Reports of three
> WHOIS Task Forces has been extended to 5 July.  According to ICANN policy,
> registrars and gTLD registries must publish domain name registrants' names
> and addresses online, through the WHOIS service.  Three task forces formed by
> ICANN's GNSO (Generic Names Supporting Organization), which include At-Large
> liaisons, posted preliminary findings on how to address privacy, accuracy,
> access, and use of WHOIS at
> <http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/index.shtml>.  Detailed comments
> were contributed by the At-Large liaisons and are posted at
> <http://www.alac.icann.org/whois/>, along with background information on the
> Task Forces' efforts.  Please share your views.
>
> * ICANN KUALA LUMPUR MEETING - ICANN's meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
> 19-23 July 2004 will feature an At-Large meeting with end-users from the
> Asia/Australia/Pacific region on Tuesday, 20 July, 11:00 - 12:30 at the
> Shangri-La Hotel.  Policy discussions and workshops of interest to the
> At-Large community also have been added to the schedule: a Workshop on WSIS
> will be held on 20 July, 08:30 - 10:00, and a Workshop on Internationalized
> Domain Names has been scheduled for 21 July (all day) - both at the
> Shangri-La Hotel.  All of these events are open to the public and interested
> individuals are encouraged to attend.  The full Kuala Lumpur schedule is
> posted at <http://icann.org/meetings/kualalumpur/#ScheduleandAgenda>.
>
> * MORE GROUPS JOIN AT-LARGE IN ASIA/AUST/PAC REGION - Four organizations in
> the Asia/Australia/Pacific region have been certified as At-Large Structures:
> Internet Society Vasudhay Kutumbhkum (based in in India); ISOC Taiwan Chapter
> (based in Taiwan); At Large@China (based in P.R.  China); and National
> Information Infrastructure Enterprise Promotion Association (based in
> Taiwan).  This brings the total number of groups certified as At-Large
> Structures to 16, and ALS applications are pending from organizations in
> Asia, Africa and North America.  Join a group or form a new one.  Information
> is posted at
> <http://www.alac.icann.org/announcements/announcement-24sep03.htm> and
> <www.alac.icann.org/applications/>.
>
> * PUBLIC COMMENTS SOUGHT ON .NET - The GNSO issued a "new version" of an
> initial draft report on establishing an open and transparent procedure for
> designating a successor operator for the .net registry (the current .net
> registry operator is VeriSign, Inc.).  More information is posted at
> <http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-25jun04.htm>.

> * WHOIS - The public comment period for the Preliminary Reports of three
> WHOIS Task Forces has been extended to 5 July.  According to ICANN policy,
> registrars and gTLD registries must publish domain name registrants' names
> [...]

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827