[ga] Conspiricy or by design? your choice: to:Re: [address-policy-wg] IPv6 Policy Clarification - Initial allocation criteria "d)"

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Conspiricy or by design? your choice: to:Re: [address-policy-wg] IPv6 Policy Clarification - Initial allocation criteria "d)"
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:26:37 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Good point Eric!

  Indeed, the ongoing "Club"mantality of the ICANN structure is part
and parcel to how, what, and especially whom makes decisions for those
that cannot or are not allowed to freely and openly participate in said
decisions or even communicate "Effectively" due to restrictions imposed
as a result of ICANN's inane structure.  Therefore Stakeholders/users
have no vote, and little to no voice in what is and will effect them.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> [...]
> same warped logic being played out there.  "If you do not meet my!
> criterion you simply are not qualified" "oh and by the way only
> members of my club can meet my standards."
> http://forum.icann.org/lists/dotnet-comments/
>
> Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sascha and all,
>
> Sascha Luck wrote:
>
> > On Monday 21 June 2004 10:41, Pekka Savola wrote:
> >
> > > 1) giving easy access to an IPv6 prefix allocation for real ISPs,
> and
> > > 2) not giving a prefix to enterprises or "toy" (or other small)
> ISPs.
> >
> > I take offence at being called a "toy ISP".
> >
> > Apart from the moral issue here, this stance is probably illegal
> under EU law
> > as it is blatantly anti-competitive.
>
> I and our members agree with you here Sascha. Where on earth Pekka
> and others ever got the idea that small ISP's are "Toy ISP's" is
> simply being
> anti competitive which is IMHO what the arbitrary restrictions for IP
> allocations
>
> for minimum's or maximum's is borne from. I personally have yet to see
>
> a definition that is valid, as to what constitutes a "Toy ISP". Though
> I have
> seen such a derogatory term used some time ago by folks like Dave
> Crocker,
> and Kent Crispin.
>
> So I believe that at some point in time and possibly in the near
> future,
> anti-trust law's will be applied to such ludicrous IP allocation
> practices
> or policies any RIR or LIR would make or otherwise impose on ISP's
> or even other network Providers. Joint class action law suites of
> the Anti-trust become a very protracted affair as well as very
> expensive
> to the looser... I hope RIR's and LIR's recognize this lest they wish
> suffer the consequences with such inane policies as so far seem to be
> put into effect for both IPv4 and IPv6...
>

> > regards,
> > Sascha Luck
> >
> > --
> > Eirconnect | voice: 353 21 2307195
> > NSC Campus | fax: 353 21 2307197
> > Mahon, Cork | mailto:sascha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Ireland | http://www.eirconnect.net
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> Pierre Abelard
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.

    Pierre Abelard