[ga] ccTLDs as they develop

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] ccTLDs as they develop
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 05:23:44 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This story should not be looked at as about VN really but about the WTO, WIPO and the UN.  A fews years ago a couple of bright folks argued publicly about = cow tow, cau tau, kowtow.  Some Texan I think against some Asian, funny but the Texan was married to an Asian and the Asian spoke better English than John Kerry.  In about 2001 some guy jumped all over me in a wg review about multilingual including the fact that Aussie and London English were a different language than Southwestern US speak.

We use words to direct folks to addresses and often numbers in this community.  What is in a word? If it is not a "standard"  What is icann and the wto if not standard setting groups?  But most important words used actually dictate how we think.  The WTO is trying to create a vocabulary for VN so that they think and conduct IP in a proper way.

Perhaps someone may get .sex in VN afterall.

http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/news/newsitem.php3?datestamp=20040331115828