Re: [ga] funny

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] funny
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:10:25 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hugh/Eric and all former DNSO GA members other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Yes the irony is funny in a very odd sort of way.  Seems that Vint
Cerf's
MCI is again showing the way to poor management via bad policy...
Makes one wonder about his much vaunted ICANN leadership,
doesn't it?  But of course nothing really all that new/different with
MCI/Worldcom-con now is it??

  Seems the Do Not Call registry put hurt on all of MCI's call centers
for their errant dinner time marketing calls to drum up new business,
and instead, as should have been predicted by MCI management,
this type of tele-marketing backfired badly and now some 4,000
MCI employees will soon join the growing the huge amount of
unemployed.

  Marketing is education and education is marketing eh?
So what sort of education did these 4000 new jobless folks
get?  Not a very helpful one it seems...

Well maybe Vietnam will pick up some telemarketing call
centers soon, eh?