Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión en españolde los Estatutos del ICANN

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <ploki_xyz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión en españolde los Estatutos del ICANN
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:50:21 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Would it be a safe assumption to say that the only people on this list that
> are non-multilingual are native English speakers?

  No it wouldn't be for several fairly obvious reasons.  The likely most
prominent one being that given the number of forums discussing similar
areas of interest regarding DNS, "only people on this list" being
non-multilingual are native English speakers is logically unlikely.

> Anyway, the message from Erick was saying literally:
>
> Hi..
> I share with you the following, that I believe to be of interest for you.
> Erick
> ----------
> LatinoamerICANN publishes a Spanish version of the ICANN Bylaws
> http://latinoamericann.derecho.org.ar/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=519&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0
>
> The target audience of this message was obviously primarily (although not
> exclusively) the Spanish speaking community, and the most appropriate
> language to diffuse this message is therefore Spanish.

   Very good of you to give a translation.  However I was not
in need of one. Nor was the original question in response to Erick's
Spanish original post addressed by your translation or answered?
Hence again Roberto as so many times in the past, you missed
the point.

> Regards
> Roberto
>
> >From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: Leah G <jandl@xxxxxxxxx>
> >CC: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión en españolde los
> >Estatutos del ICANN
> >Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:09:16 +0100
> >
> >On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:26:55 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> > >Since I don't speak Spanish, I can't respond to this message.  It might
> > >be nice to have someone translate if the poster cannot or will not.
> > >Then, perhaps the majority of list members who are not multi-lingual
> > >could understand the text.
> >
> >I'd just like to point out that the wide majority of Internet users who are
> >not multi-lingual could not even subscribe to this list, as they don't
> >speak
> >English... Sorry, it seemed to me that your usage of "multi-lingual" gave
> >for granted that the first language had to be English, which is false.
> >Apart
> >from this, I think that we also have to be practical and accept English as
> >the most commonly used language for global discussion, but please don't
> >forget that less than 10% of the world population speaks English, and that
> >posting in English is a significant additional effort for many of us - not
> >to mention speaking in English at physical meetings or even from a
> >podium...
> >--
> >vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
> >http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...

> Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
> http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS