Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión e n españolde los Estatutos del ICANN

At 14:51 10/03/04, Don Brown wrote:
Please don't base any judgement of America upon what you read at http://newamericancentury.org They certainly don't speak for all Americans.

I dont. I just know that what they say was understood by 50% of the American people. So I can reasonably assume that their lexical definitions belong in part to the American language. The fact that - as you say - they do not speak for all Americans, only adds to the complexity of understanding what an American sentence on the "multilateral" matter - which is a key point for the WSIS - will actually mean.

In such case it is advisable to resort to a language where that ambiguity does not exist, because it was not disputed.

Brains are like computers. They work better with some langages for special tasks. You know Carlos Quinto's quote:

when I talk with merchants, I speak Dutch,
when I talk with soldiers, I speak Gernan,
when I talk with little flowers, I speak Portuguese,
when I talk with ladies, I speak Italian,
when I talk with men, I speak French,
when I talk with God, I speak Spanish.

jfc