[ga] Re: [Ecommerce] ICC Seeks U.N. Takeover While Excluding ICANN, U.S. Government from Meeting

  • To: john bolk <john_bolk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [Ecommerce] ICC Seeks U.N. Takeover While Excluding ICANN, U.S. Government from Meeting
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:16:26 -0800
  • Cc: ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John and all,

  I am not surprised to here of the unfortunate forcible removal of ICANN's
CEO Mr. Twomey's removal form this UN ICC meeting. As ICANN has
snubbed many stakeholder groups including ICC and INEGroup amongst
many others form it's terribly flawed "Reform" process started by the former
ICANN CEO Stuart Lynn, and finalized by Mr. Twomey.  The much discussed
and debated ICANN Cabel has led it to growing disdain on global
basis.

 However all this aside, it is also obvious that from earlier reports that the
US is not interested nor willing to consider a major Role of the UN or
any UN agency to play a significant management role for managing
the central aspects of the Internet, nor determine policy there unto
pertaining.

  ICANN was warned time and time again of the "error in its ways"
as far back as 1999, and either ignored such warnings unwisely
or did not have the intellectual capacity by which to address these
many and repeated warning adequately and as such has served
to divide stakeholders/users rather than act as a catalyst to
unite them...